Engineered Performance Coatings is an environmentally conscious Company and as such we acknowledge the potential environmental impact that our application of thermal spray coatings, including HVOF, plasma spray, arc spray and combustion operations may have on the environment. This also includes our grit blasting, stripping and other operations.
This policy has been endorsed by the Directors who give their full support to its implementation. The Directors in co-ordination with the Environmental Management Representative are responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the Company.
We are committed to the prevention of pollution and continual improvement of our environmental performance. This has been facilitated through the setting of environmental objectives based on our significant environmental aspects. These objectives will be documented, allocated targets and programmes and periodically monitored and reviewed. The results of which are communicated throughout the Company and to our clients and suppliers where appropriate.
As a Company, we are committed to ensuring that we:
- Comply with all environmental legislation and other requirements, including, codes of practice and guidance produced by regulatory bodies, where these relate to our environmental aspects.
- Provide all employees with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy, commensurate with their role.
- Work towards implementing an environmental management system that complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001: 2004, as defined within the scope of our EMS.
- Strive to integrate environmental best practice into our business operations.
- Prevent pollution to the environment, by ensuring that we manage escape of oil, waste water and surface coating materials.
- Minimise waste to landfill by reducing our waste generation and by segregating and recycling waste where economically and operationally feasible.
- Co-ordinate business mileage so as to maximise fuel efficiency.
- Use energy, water, materials and other natural resources as efficiently as possible, giving particular regard to the long term sustainability of consumable items.
- Give appropriate consideration for the environment in the goods and services we provide to customers.
- Work together with local businesses, neighbours, partners or suppliers to encourage commitment and improvement in our local environment.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf. Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be reviewed annually by the Directors and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued. Previous versions of this policy will be archived and are available upon request.
This policy statement is brought to the attention of all employees by being displayed on site, and included within our induction training. It is also made available publicly through our reception areas or as may be reasonably requested by any interested party.