At EPC we appreciate the value of bringing together the right group of people. The nature of our business demands a total commitment to high level customer service and as such, we are seeking to recruit self-motivated and professional individuals who will do whatever is required to support our customers at every level.
Due to the planned growth of our company, we are currently looking to recruit for the following positions:
To apply for the position below, please send a Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: COATINGS TECHNICIAN
To work as a member of the Production Department in order to process customer components to the required specifications.
The position works within the Production Department but will require a liaison with all other departments to ensure responsibilities are carried out effectively.
- To carry out preparation work for customer components by following manufacturing process plans, work instructions, customer specifications and engineering drawings.
- To read, understand and carry out the instructions from manufacturing process plans to set-up a thermal spray booth ready for the processing of customer components.
- To be fully responsible for the thermal spray equipment during processing, including: programme modification, process monitoring and quality control.
- To apply thermal sprayed coatings in accordance with the customer requirements and the daily targets set by the management team.
- To perform the safe and efficient loading and unloading of customer components within the manipulation equipment.
- To verify conformity to instructions by inspecting pre and post coat components.
- To keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; and calling for repairs, when required.
- To maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- To conserve resources by using only the equipment and supplies as needed to complete each job to required standard.
- To document all actions, as required by the manufacturing process plan by completing production and quality forms.
- To report completely and accurately any data requested
- To have a target driven approach to work and be prepared to work semi-autonomously.
- To contribute to the team effort by completing related tasks as needed.
- A craftsperson, with an engineering background is required, with experience in operating semi-automatic machinery.
- Experience in thermal spray would be desirable, but not essential.
- Needs a familiarity with reading and understanding engineering drawings.
- Must be experienced in measurement instruments and measurement techniques.
- Previous knowledge of working within quality and safety management system is required.
- To have a keen eye for detail and a results driven approach.
- The ability to communicate clearly with your team, managers and clients.
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines;
- A self-motivated, reliable person is required.
- Must have an attention to detail and have a high regard for accuracy and quality.
- Would need to be flexible with regards to the duties performed and the necessity for alterations in working times.